Tuesday 30 November 2010

Stieg Larsson – Millennium trilogy, Part 3


The Girl who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest
(original title in Swedish: Luftslottet som sprangdes. “The Air Castle that was Blown Up”)

Stieg Larsson changed his name from Stig to Stieg in his early twenties in order to avoid confusion with his friend Stig Larsson. His friend was a well known author long before Stieg himself but when he changed his name they were both amateur photographers and none of them had published a book. It was then just a dream, a dream that came true.

The Girl who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest is the third and final novel in this trilogy. Continuing directly from The Girl who Played with Fire, the novel starts with Lisbeth Salander being flown to the hospital. She is only to be visited by the police, doctors, nurses and her lawyer, Annika Giannini, who happens to be Mikael’s sister.
The new enemy of this novel is called “The Section”, which is a secret division who are trying to silence Mikael and Lisbeth. Mikael is then investigation this division in order to publish an expose on them and their crimes. It turns out not to be as easy as he thought.
More murders, conspiracies and problems to solve happen and it all ends with the most exciting trial. Mikael are really trying to clear Lisbeth’s name and prove that they are the victims.

This novel is the perfect ending to the best crime trilogy written. When you’re finished you sit there wanting more, but it truly is sad knowing that this is it. The book you read after this one will seem poor compared to Larsson’s trilogy. Like I said about the previous book, I remember very well the feeling I had when I had finished this one and I was sad. Sad knowing that I had finished the trilogy and that the relationship I had made with the characters was over. I have read many books since I read this trilogy, many great ones as well, but these books have a special place in my heart and I am hoping that you will feel the same after you have read them. Good reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...