Monday 15 November 2010

A woman’s right to travel – part three


Next to looking for adventure and the exotic, I am also a city girl. I love to explore and experience the cultural history of a city as there are so many beautiful sights in this world. Of course a big city means shopping, and as much as I love to use my credit card I also like to be able to actually see the city I’m visiting. Like part one and two of my dream holidays, I have made a top five list of big cities I want to visit. All of these have something significant and historical about them, and I would just love to see it. 

Rome

This is a city I have been dreaming of visiting for many years. I love Italy and this city has so much to offer. It is the capital of Italy and it has several spectacular and historical sights, such as the Colosseum, the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain. These are sights I have been dreaming of and after doing lots of research about this city for years I can only imagine how beautiful and stunning it is to actually be there.



 Paris


I have actually been to this romantic city a few years ago, but I don’t really feel like I truly experienced it. We were living in Disney Land and only had one day in Paris, and from what I saw it was so beautiful. I would love to go back and walk down the streets with a coffee and a croissant while we’re on our way to see the beautiful wonder that is Notre Dame. I have wanted to do this since I saw the Disney film, and hopefully some day I will.
 



 Prague

I have heard so many wonderful stories about this city, so of course this is on my list. I have heard that the shopping is quite good and cheap, so I would definitely do some when I go. Also, the highlights of this city is said to truly be spectacular, and I would love to see the astronomical clock, Prague Castle and the Prague Zoo just to mention a few.
 

 St. Petersburg and Moscow
I have always been rather curious about Russia which is why I want to go and see how it really is like. The Winter Palace has always fascinated me and it looks so beautiful. I want to go to both of these cities, and if I ever end up going on the Trans-Siberian railway I am going to stay a few days in Moscow. The architecture in both of these cities looks truly impressive and I also have the impression that the culture is one of a kind as well.
 
 Athens
I have always found Greek mythology fairly interesting, and that is one of the reasons why I would like to go to this historical capital where its recorded history spans around 3,400 years. The architecture looks breathtaking and I cannot imagine how it would be to actually be there. The Acropolis has been on my list for quite some time, and if Kjell Steinar won’t go on a holiday here again I will find someone else to come with me. (Yes darling, I am jealous.) 

2 comments:

  1. I wish you had been more adventurous :-) ha ha If you don't run your own travel agency by the time you're 40, I'll buy one for you! I'll be your assistant (not the map reader).:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you're so sweet! Well, I only have one thing to say to you: you're hired! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...