Sunday 12 December 2010

Dan Brown

Dan Brown is one of my favourite authors so it really was about time that I wrote about him. If there is one author out there who deserves to be acknowledged for his fantastic novels, it is Mr. Brown.

I got The Da Vinci Code as a Christmas gift from my parents many years ago and I absolutely loved it. I had never read anything like that before and I was instantly hooked. To this very day I am still amazed over how well-written Brown’s books are and I’m waiting and hoping that he will publish a new book soon.

About a year ago, his newest novel The Lost Symbol came out and I knew what I wanted for Christmas. My parents know how much I like to read and they told me when I opened up my present that they had bought the book for me before I had even told them I wanted it. Just proves that they know me, and it was very difficult putting the book down. I believe that The Lost Symbol is my favourite Dan Brown book.

What makes Brown’s book so special is that they are set in a 24-hour time period and they are featuring the recurring themes of cryptography, keys, symbols, codes and conspiracy theories. The chapters are small, sometimes as small as one page, but you can’t put the book down as each chapter ends with a question or an episode that you as the reader want an answer to.

Brown has written five exciting novels in the thriller fiction category. The Da Vinci Code was the fourth book he wrote and also the book that made him world known. His books has later on been translated into over 40 languages and sold over 80 million copies. His books are as follows:
 
 Digital Fortress, 1998 – published in Norway in 2005
Angels & Demons, 2000 – published in Norway in 2004
Deception Point, 2001- published in Norway in 2006
The Da Vinci Code, 2003 – published in Norway in 2006
The Lost Symbol, 2009 – published in Norway in 2009


The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons have also been adapted into films, but they have left out quite a lot from the novels so I would recommend that you read the books next to seeing the films.

I think his books are fantastic and definitely some of the best books I have ever read. In Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol we are following the lead character Robert Langdon and I almost fell in love with him while reading these books. He is so smart and so well written about that you feel like you’re in the room with him while reading Brown’s novels.

As Brown is a very well known author these days I’m guessing that most of the people out there have read one of his books, but I can’t help but emphasize just how amazing they are. I recommend all of his novels, but my personal favourites are Angels & Demons and The Lost Symbol


Sources: Wikipedia and Bokklubben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...