Sunday 3 October 2010

Trust

Well, it has been a few interesting days where you can say that I have learned quite a lot about different people. I guess I have to learn one last time that everyone is different, and even though that should be a good thing it isn’t always.

Three weeks ago I moved back to London, and for the first time I had decided not to live on campus at my university. I then moved in with two of my friends, and we have had three wonderful weeks. But there have been issues to sort out, and one of them is the internet. The three girls that lived here before asked us if we wanted to continue with their internet contract, as the contract would last until November. Naturally we said yes and were very happy that we didn’t have to worry about that. They told us it was wireless, and it took us about a week and a long phone call to Virgin (the internet company) to sort that out.
Earlier this week we all woke up and came to find that none of us had internet on our laptops. We found this very weird, and we were hoping that it would fix itself. After a day we decided to ring Virgin again, and what they told us made us all rather angry. They told us that they had shut down our internet because the bill hadn’t been paid. When we moved in we paid the previous owners for two months and they told us that they had paid everything. Obviously not. So we had to text them again asking about the internet. I’m just curious of how they could pretend to not know anything about this at first, when we’d paid them three weeks ago. A few days later we had the internet back, thank god. You realise how much it affects your life when you don’t have it available anymore.

Like this wasn’t the top of my weekend; when my boyfriend and I were sitting in the living room of my flat one of my flat mates calls down from up stairs, informing us that the roof in my room is leaking water. It was raining like crazy yesterday, and it became clear that the roof isn’t in tip top shape. Today we woke up to find the roof had turned yellow where the water came down. Thank god it didn’t leak a lot of water, but enough to make me nervous and uncomfortable.

Like I said, it has been an interesting few days. I guess all I can do now is wait and see what will happen next.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,hi Camilla,ja sånn er det sjø,det blir sikkert litt rolige dager fremover nå da vettu.Og ja, internett er livsviktig,nesten...Om nettet detter ut her i gården så går det ikke lange stunda før vi blir urolig å desperat trenger internett.Sånn er verden blitt.Kjenner jeg blir skikkelig grønn av misunnelse når jeg tenker på at du er i London. Må være fantastisk! Ha en flott uke Camilla.Klem fra meg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...