Sunday 17 October 2010

The life of a journalism student

Last year I had to write a news story for my Journalism module and in my opinion that is one of the hardest assignments our tutors could give us. I spent hours trying to figure out what to write about, and all the time my tutors would tell me that is was a good idea but not a news story. I think we all can agree on that journalist students have cried enough during different assignments, as it is difficult to for us to write about something that has not already been covered. One of our tutors told us during our first year that we have to predict the future in order to write our story. I don’t know what others are thinking, but I sure can’t do that.

As I’m sitting here and trying to come up with a great idea for my dissertation, I started to walk down memory lane and realised that as much fun I’ve had and how interesting my lectures have been, we have all had two difficult years as journalist students. It is not easy to have people answer our questions, because it seems like when we contact professional journalists they “forget” to answer us. At least that is what we think. In general when we’ve tried to contact people and we say that we are students, it is very difficult for us to get answers. I don’t know why that’s the case, but I feel like expressing my feelings towards this matter and remind anyone who is reading this that we are all or we all were students at some point looking for help. I believe that everything is easy once you get a foot inside your dream job, but the journey to get there is hard. I believe we are all looking for the perfect place to walk towards that dream, and when you do find it, then trust me, it is the luckiest day of your life.

I am looking forward to the day that I get hired to be a journalist, as that is my dream. Right now I am just writing my thoughts and expressing some frustration, but some day I am sure that all the hard work will be worth it. And who knows; perhaps some day we can predict the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...