Sunday 1 May 2011

The Royal Wedding


I feel extremely lucky to be living in London these days. Next to being a beautiful city, there is always something happening. Of course this week it was something rather special going on; the royal wedding. Prince William would finally marry his beloved Kate.

Kjell Steinar and I decided to go to Central on Thursday to have a look at the decorations for the wedding. We ended up having a great time, looking at all the people from every corner of our world. It was so nice to see that so many people were excited about the wedding. We saw several people who had brought their tents and were ready to spend the night on the street so that they were able to have a good view the next day. Many of them were dressed up and counting down the hours until Kate and William would say their I do’s.

The atmosphere was amazing. By walking in the streets you could feel that something big was about to happen. The camera crew was already in place the day before the big day and you could feel the excitement of the people. When we got back home we found out that Kate and William had been in the church when we were outside. Oh how I wish they would have come outside and said hi to us.


On Friday was the big day. London was like a ghost town. Hardy anyone was outside. I have lived here for nearly three years and I have never seen the streets more empty. But the minute you got close to Westminster you could hear people shouting with anticipation. I don’t think I have ever seen so many people in one place, it was insane.

I am very glad that Kjell Steinar and I decided to go to Central on the day of the wedding, even though we didn’t see much. We saw Kate and William drive from the church but only for a brief moment as it all happened very fast. But we were there and we celebrated their wedding with a frappuccino from Starbucks. Funnily enough we were not the only ones with that thought. While we were at Starbucks we saw two nicely dressed men who bought a coffee. They had been to the wedding and came straight from the church to Starbucks. They had the program from the church with them, which is why we knew where they came from.

I think it is important to remember that even though Kate and William are royalty, they are still people. This was a big and special day for them and the people who were lucky to be invited. They all might just be craving a Starbucks like the rest of us every now and then. 
Source

16 comments:

  1. Wow! That's so amazing that you were right there throughout it all! It's nice to see some pictures of the events from a spectators perspective. So cool you actually seen them, if even for a moment :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, it's so exciting that you were around all the festivities! I had soooo much fun watching it on tv! it looked pretty magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei Camilla,har gleda meg til å lese innlegget fra fredag ja.Jeg håpa jo at du hadde vært å kikka etter Will og Kate.Så spennende! Jeg så det på tv og skulle ønske jeg hadde vært der,jeg elsker sånne ting og det britiske kongehuset er så fascinerende.Mange i Norge som følger med på det.Vi hadde bryllupskake på jobb og tente lys og dekorerte et bord med bilder av brudeparet.Kjempefine bilder du viser. Hvem som er bursdagsjente snart? Klem fra Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, I love this post! How exciting to be there in the thick of it all! That are so adorable, and seen so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so cool to be able to read someone's experience of this. I'm so glad that you shared!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is exciting- I'm jealous! Of the bajillion reasons I would like to live in London, this would be one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a report from the center of the action!

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome back cammie! so far, i think you're the only blogger i stumbled upon w live coverage of the royal wedding, how lucky you are to be there! atleast if not totally covered but being there is a great chance of a lifetime! I also love your travel idea guest blog, i will remember this when i get to travel again=)thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing pictures, you are very luky to be in london (my fav city!)
    winterbag.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh looks so fun! Wish I was there to experience it.

    xo
    http://artfashiontwentysomething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can't believe people were actually in tents waiting to see kate and the whole procession. but i guess it would have been nice to have been in london then!

    Don't forget to enter my fringe shimmy necklace giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how exciting! I watched from home and i loved it :) I hope the press leave them alone for a while now x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How to nice to have been a part of something so spectacular! My sisters friend lives in London as well, and I told her that she had to go to as many points as she could as I was living the event through her haha. Looks like you had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an exciting time to live in London! I would have loved to be caught up in the excitement & events! Great photos, thanks for sharing!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What a fun time!! I loved watching the wedding from this part of the world as well. I love all the photos thanks for sharing them! I am a new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...