Thursday 26 May 2011

The Phantom of the Opera


Source
I love musicals and there are so many great ones to see in London. So far I haven’t seen one musical that has not given me the goosebumps and that I have not loved. The Phantom of the Opera is also one such musical and I can think of one word that describes it: astonishing.

The Phantom of the Opera is a musical by the famous Andrew Lloyd Webber, based on the French novel Le Fantôme de L’Opèra by Gaston Leroux. The music in the musical was also composed by Webber and is now renowned around the world.

Source
I believe we all know the story; it starts with an auction where an old chandelier awakens a connection to the Phantom of the Opera. It then goes back in time to when the Phantom was more than a story; he was the real item.

I absolutely love this musical. The music is fantastic and breathtaking and magnifying. It is actually difficult to describe the feeling when you’re sitting in the audience listening to the strong voices. I particularly fell in love with the voice of the Phantom, so powerful and sexy.

I absolutely love and recommend this musical. It is the perfect musical to watch with your friends, boyfriend or family. I think this musical has everything: power, romance, complications, fantastic singing and with a perfect cast with a pinch of darkness that is simply perfect in this setting. I promise that you will not be disappointed.

10 comments:

  1. I don't see nearly enough musicals or operas or plays or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen it- would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to see this! I must go... I love the music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I ever watched it! Very nice suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the stage play one day! I've watched the movie a ton of times though, and know all the music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw Les Mis in London and it was my introduction to great theater! I think I was only 12 but it stuck with me. London has incredible theater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen it too, and it really is amazing! I cried several times throughout the show, it was so beautiful and impeccable! <3

    Love your blog, by the way! I am Norwegian and going to study at Roehampton this autumn. Can't wait! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know, i really love musicals (i'm a Gleek and i was in theater in high school) but i've never seen Phantom. maybe some day since you're giving it such rave reviews--and it is obviously a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WONDERFUL POST!!!!
    HI!my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want... follow me! I wait you and your tips!
    kisses
    marti
    If you want take part to my giveaway!
    Glamour Marmalade GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...