Monday 30 May 2011

Cairns

It has been a while since I wrote about my fantastic trip last summer and I think it is because I only have a couple of posts left and I’ve written about every place that we visited. But it is about time to continue with it and complete the around the world journey that was an experience of a lifetime.

After spending a few days in Sydney, Johanne and I continued our trip to Cairns. I was so happy when we arrived to find out that the temperature was rather warm there. After some quite cold days in Sydney I was ready to warm up again and feel the sun.

When we arrived to our hostel I actually could not stop laughing. Nomads Esplanade was actually worse than the hostel in Sydney. They did not have a reception and the entrance was an ugly side door in the street. Our room was not much better; it was so tiny it could barely fit a bunk bed in there and we were wondering where to put our backpacks. But we managed and didn’t really spend a lot of time in that room.


Cairns is not a place where you spend weeks sitting on the beach. First of all we couldn’t find a beach, ironically enough. Cairns is the place you visit to go out on excursions. There are several things to choose from; skydiving, scuba diving, snorkelling, crocodile explorer, rafting and so much more. Cairns is actually the perfect backpackers city as it has a lot to offer outside of the city walls. So if you are looking for adventures then this is the place for you. Johanne and I actually went on a crocodile excursion and ended up having a fantastic day. I will be telling you more about that later.

19 comments:

  1. Great blog!should we follow each other?
    jewellerybijou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that sounds like it was an adventure! What an odd place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am yours!you just need one more person and you can celebrate 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so nice that you went to Cairns. traveling is always so much fun. i need to do more traveling this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like a cool place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to Cairns- can't wait to hear more about it!
    I am your 100th follower : )

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing place! you always do amazing trip!
    winterbag.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  8. yahhh i def want to hear about that, that has to be an interesting day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed Cairns-the rainforest is beautiful and of course going out to the Great Barrier Reef was gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have been DYING to go to Cairns ...didn't make it there the last time I was in OZ. Great blog :)

    www.mapleandvine.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. soo nice, that is weird and interesting hostel huh?..is this in Australia?....please give us info of travel packages that you also know or something from any travel tips...glad to see the different places!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a cool trip experience although I would much prefer a better looking room,
    but heck, you're with a lovely companion and charge that all up to experience ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos!
    I'm scared to stay in a hostel haha.
    http://www.fashuhneestah.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! Crocodile exploring? Clearly I have been doing holidays wrong! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an exciting place!! I wish I had your life and traveled all over the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this blog is very good mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award! Check it out here: http://bit.ly/jomUwa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You seems so lucky darling! Great pics! I'm following you! Hope you can also visit and follow my blog! Mary
    VENUS AT HER MIRROR
    VENUS ON FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...