Monday 16 May 2011

Signs

Source
If there is one film that always seems to scare me no matter how many times I see it, it’s Signs. The film is from 2002 and it is a science fiction thriller, but even so it still has an impact on today’s views towards life from outer space.

Questions regarding whether there is more life than our little planet in this universe is something that has baffled humanity for centuries. How can we be the only living creatures in a universe that is endless? And if we are not; are the aliens’ friends or hostile? 

In the film Signs, the story is set around one family and what happens to them when they discover what is about to happen to the world. There are plenty of heart-thumping moments that will easily scare you and that leads up to the film’s climax. The film’s title refers to various mysterious phenomena that have led to speculation about the existence of extra-terrestrial life. It links crop circles with UFOs and shows their impact on one man and his family.
Source

For some reason, I absolutely love this film. But at the same time I find it extremely terrifying, because it shows us something of the unknown and it is the unfamiliar that is the chilling aspect. I have always been fascinated with outer space and what is out there; perhaps my fascination is so grand because we don’t know what is out there. There are thousands of stories of people who have seen UFOs or have been abducted by aliens, but we don’t know if these stories are for real or simply a cry for attention. Perhaps we will never know. That is unless the American government will reveal their secret about Roswell and Area 51.


What are your thoughts regarding this theme?

11 comments:

  1. i'm always kind of interested in these types of things in a periphery type of way, most definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's intriguing as a thought and kind of comforting, to believe that something other than us is out there (and equally or more evolved)... I'm flirting and open with that as a thought, but since I'm quite cynical I think it's just a thought. (and the "proof" is not solid enough for the time being). I really like sci-fi movies, but It's very hard for me to like any movie of Mr. Gibson! (not my type of person).

    p.s. - Since you're the biggest traveler I know and I'm dying to meet my blog-friends - you're always invited! (mi casa es tu casa!!). Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this kind of movie! thanks honey.

    winterbag.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this film a lot! And I think the question of there being life outside of the earth is always an interesting question. I don't know if we will ever know, and that's what makes it so much fun to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this movie too. What scares me the most is that you never see the aliens and all you hear are the sounds. Also Joaquin Phoenix =) You can never go wrong there =P

    Belle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this movie! It was so creepy at the theater. At the end when the little boy had the asthma attack so did I! I think I was so into the movie that I felt like I was there. It was so weird because nothing like that has ever happened to me. Even crazier, I usually only have asthma attacks when I run. So to have one while watching a movie was strange!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always been intrigued by this kind of stuff. You know Signs is a lot of different people I ask, favorite movie! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea that we are only a tiny spec in a vast unknown universe. It's entirely possible. But then I also love the idea of parallel universes and reincarnation. ;D Great post sweetie - sorry I've been away so long. Life takes over sometimes. Visitors just keep on coming and we must visit and holiday (although I'm not complaining). Shah. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not much of a fan of these types of films but I always tend to watch them because it is intriguing to think we aren't the only ones out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. uhmmm, i should try watching this, always seen this on rental booths but tryng to avoid, in this years that there are so many disastrous things that are happening, this may just be fictional or real, we do not know, but at least the assumption will make us prepared for anything..this reminds me of District 9...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Signs as well, anything about aliens, really !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...