Wednesday 11 May 2011

Barbeque the Norwegian style

I have been back in Norway for almost a week now and I have to say that I am quite enjoying it. The sun is shining and it is actually warm outside, which rarely happens here in May. I’m not starting work properly until Friday (in two days) and I have been enjoying the sun by sitting outside with a glass of ice tea and a book. For me, it really could not be better.

Because the weather is so nice, me and my parents decided it was about to have a barbeque, which I love. It is the perfect way to celebrate summer and to spend some quality time with my parents and my brothers.

Summer in Norway can be very boring because our country is so far north. It can be rainy, cold and dark, but we can also have sunny warm days and 25 degrees, like yesterday. Everyone is outside and people in general seem happier.

Tuesday the 17th of May is Norway’s Constitutional Day and I sure hope that the weather will stay this way. We have had our share of rainy cold Constitutional Days but this year I think we deserve a sunny day. I will blog about this day as we celebrate it in a special way. Can’t wait to show you.


Until then, have a lovely day. I will go outside again and continue to enjoy my book, which is fantastic. I might have to blog about that one too.

16 comments:

  1. yum yum yum!! It's almost 2'o clock and I haven't had luch yet, so now you're making me drool all over my laptop haha :p

    xxx

    lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. I hope you're enjoying the return to your family.

    Your posts about Norway (and other places you visit) are very interesting from a travel-perspective: you give us a window into exotic locations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Gratulerer med dagen!! (isn't that correct for your National day?). A barbeque is a barbeque! It's globally delicious! I miss Norwegian food and Norway in Spring!! Have fun!! :)

    P.S. - your comment was so touching! I'm even thinking of having a jewellery giveaway when I reach 50 followers, because of all these lovely comments! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with your family!

    BBQ sounds great... I hope to have one this weekend!

    x
    http://artfashiontwentysomething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely! The weather in London is vile! It's cold and raining! Hope it stays bright and warm there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was having my lunch while I came across your blog thru others, what you showed in your pictures made me jealous... (coz I was eating junk food) :)

    anyways, love your blog, and am following you now :)

    http://alexandriajz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun! I can't wait until the first barbecue of the year for me... none planned yet but I still can't wait haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE BBQ's! and we're certainly having the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you should have put a caption on these interesting and deliciously looking meals since they are Norwegian! I am so interested, I made a Norwegian Onion pie last few weeks!!I wish mr sun will also show up since I am drooling over these BBQ pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you !
    I love your blog name (:
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing like going home! Sounds like the weather is cooperating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks Yummy! I thought my springs were going on forever but at 25 degrees that sure beats my cold here in the mountains of Utah although summer should have been here a month ago.... still waiting patiently :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Outside with a book is exactly where I should be right now! Sounds so nice...
    I haven't had a BBQ yet this year, def looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks fantastic! Glad you're getting nice warm weather in Norway. Even in the rest of Europe it's not usually this warm right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing nice blog. i have been looking information on "Barbeque the Norwegian style
    ".
    This discussion has solve my concern to a great extent.I am very great full.

    bOOK fun way samoa car rentals

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...