Tuesday 22 March 2011

A woman’s right to have a dream kitchen

My dream kitchen!
Source
Last Tuesday I wrote about my dream closet and I realised that I am dreaming of so many other beautiful things for my dreams house that I want to share with you. So the next in line is my dream kitchen.

Source

When I received the Stylish Blogger Award I revealed that I would really like to learn how to cook better. I would love to be one of those housewives who cook amazing food in her amazing kitchen and everyone knows that the food that’s being served for dinner is nothing less than delicious. And it all starts with having a good kitchen where you have everything you need and everything works.

My parents remodelled their kitchen last year, with a new oven and everything. It really is amazing, especially since their old oven was almost as old as I am. I guess you can imagine that it was past its best days; it would take almost 30 minutes just to get water to boil, which means that cooking something would take forever. Now it is like it should be and it is a dream to cook in their kitchen. And I think they think so too. And I want that in the future; a kitchen where you want to be and that’s welcoming.
Source
Source

I would love to have a slightly big kitchen, with an island in the middle with perhaps a couple of bar chairs where someone could sit to keep the chef company. In a way, I feel like I’m heading towards this. Of course not the actual kitchen, but with the accessories. Kjell Steinar and I bought a coffee machine a few weeks ago, we just bought a hand mixer with a bowl and not long ago I started collecting products from a series called Rosendahl. You have to start with the small things and I have to admit that I cannot wait to see how everything will turn out in the end.

Do you have a dream kitchen? How does it look like?

23 comments:

  1. I agree -- having a great kitchen encourages you to cook more and makes the job easier. We renovated our kitchen last year and now it's like living in a dream. All new countertops; all new cabinets; all new faucets; all new appliances; all new tools...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so gorgeous! I love kitchens... for some reason, I always end up sitting in the kitchen whether it's to eat or read a book. I would love a dream kitchen...especially since I only have a small kitchenette right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the second kitchen!
    xoxo
    Stella

    http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, thanks for your comment!. love your blog. if you want we can follow each other.

    winterbag.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree!! I'd love a spacious kitchen, with a lot of available working space and storage and an island in the middle! But my style is not so classic, but more minimal and natural. (scandinavian wood, green tiles maybe?, or lime, yellow? ...things like that!)
    Oh... and I'm drooling over any kind of kitchen accessories... (I've studied interior design, have i told you that? So I loved this post as much as the rest!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!I love the last one!!!!!!!!!i like that country style!!! thx for visiting!!! :D


    SignorinaTina

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great once..its hard to pick:)

    I have a question for you about Paris...
    I am leaving on Wednesday, and coming home Sunday...
    What is the best ticket to buy for the metro?

    Any other tips?

    Thanks girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so spoiled with our current kitchen- it's nice and big and has a window to the back hill where we can watch birds. We are moving and I'm going to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first one :) just gorgeous :)

    Love, Vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these pictures of beautiful kitchens! Mine is currently being remodeled so you have struck a chord with me. :) So funny about taking 30 minutes to boil water, although i'm sure it wouldnt be funny to your mom unless its in retrospect. Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. although i don't share your desire to learn to cook :) i do share your desire to have a dream kitchen. i mean, what i would do for an island! and i love the hardwood floors and the openness and modern touches! lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hei,nydelige kjøkken du viste.Ja jeg har et drømmekjøkken,det er ikke det jeg har idag.Men kanskje jeg får det engang,om vi kjøper oss hus. Det skal være større enn det er,og ha mye mer skapplass og en kjøkkenøy.Det skal være lyst og trivelig.Med et stort bord med plass til mange...Klem fra Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love white kitchens!

    chloe-mia.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  14. All kitchens are amazing! :)

    http://silverteguila.blogspot.com/
    ;*

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have a teeny kitchen but the dining room is right off it so you can sit in the comfy chair in the dining room and talk to the chef :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. the kitchen with an island is what I ever wanted too and I like them white, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances..should be huge that all our cooking machines can fit in. My husband and I are best cook buds!! We cook Asian and American alternate days since he is an American. I only learned cooking more when I got to married and after several times watching the Iron Chef on tv.=) Your zoo trip is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your kitchen inspirations...
    especially the first two ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the first two.=)Maybe if i had those i'd cook more.=)

    http://aphroditeslair9999.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much, everyone, for your lovely comments. They completely made my day and put a smile on my face during my busy day. I appreciate them all! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. GREAT KITCHEN!!! please visit www.newyorkfashion-sh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely post, this is an amazing kitchen inspiration and I'm happy to hear you are getting close to having your own dream kitchen! I had a dream kitchen too :) Last year my father renovated an old house he had and I must say it's everything I ever dreamed about, will post about it some day :) Thanks for your lovely comment on my award post, I really like your blog so I'm happy to follow you :)

    http://mundodealicia.blogspot.com

    PS love your blog's name, both heellovers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all of them!

    Following you from Portugal :)

    Love shoes too :)

    http://fashionviktima.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...