Monday 20 September 2010

A woman's right to shoes

The most difficult part of writing is the start. How you start determine if the reader is interested to continue or not, and this is all that is going through my mind now. This is my first blog and my first contribution. I have all these ideas about what I want to write about, but the start is torturing me. All I can think about is shoes. This takes me back to when I was trying to figure out a name for this blog, and that was no easy task for me. I wanted a name that represented my character and the person that I have become, but my mind was working against me. And after days, weeks, perhaps even a couple of months, the phrase “a woman’s right to shoes” would not leave. I assume I am not the only girl out there who loves shoes, but for some reason it gave me a deeper meaning as I was sitting here. It is about my right to express myself in this world, as a girl, a student and a journalist. And this is what I am trying to do with this blog, to say my meaning about issues that are bothering me, making me happy or plain angry. This is a right we all have, as human beings. It is easy enough to walk in your own shoes, but sometimes we all should try to walk in someone else’s.

1 comment:

  1. Bra sagt !!!
    En veldig fin start på en veldig fin blogg, og du har fått min interesse. Veldig spesielt og dyktig å skrive noe så viktig gjennom en tekst om det tilsynelatende "uviktige" temaet sko. Veldig ivrig etter å følge deg videre på bloggen!
    Klem fra Maria.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time ♥ Your comments put a big smile on my face and I read and respond to every single one of them ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...